Picking up Trash While Running at Griffith Park, CA
On Monday it was Earth Day, so we celebrated with a run at our local trails in Los Angeles. It is unbelievable how much trash you can find on some trails. With a group of 25 runners, we ran and hiked several miles at Griffith Park. We all picked up a lot of trash. Yes, "plogging" has becoming a word in recent years, jogging while picking up trash. Happy we could play a small role in this great initiative, set up by one of our friends Billy Yang. Below are a few photos from the day.
There will be many more of these events and we are looking forward to the next one! If you haven't already tried this yourself, give it a go on your next run, all you need is a trash bag and a glove.
You might also enjoy:
- HOW TO TRANSITION FROM ROAD RUNNING TO TRAIL RUNNING?
- HOW TO PROPERLY FUEL FOR LONG TRAIL RUNS
- TRAIL SAFETY FOR MOUNTAIN LION ENCOUNTERS AND ATTACKS
- TRAIL SAFETY FOR BEAR ENCOUNTERS AND ATTACKS
- TRAIL SAFETY FOR SNAKE ENCOUNTERS AND SNAKE BITES